Sauropsids (Sauropsida) (meaning: "lizard faces") are all animals more closely related to birds, and the traditional "reptiles" than to other animals like mammals. If the word reptile is used for a natural group of animals (that it includes birds) it would be synonym to sauropsid.
- Parareptilia (extinct early sauropsids)
- Pareiasauria (armored plant eaters: Scutosaurus etc.)
- Mesosauria (mesosaurs)
- Diapsida (diapsids)
- Ichthyosauria (ichthyosaurs, fish shaped sea reptiles)
- Weigeltisauridae (gliding early reptiles: Coelurosauravus etc.)
- Testudines (turtles)
- Archosauromorpha (archosaurs and relatives)
- Lepidosauria (lizards etc.)
- Sauropterygia (plesiosaurs etc.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.